The Symptoms Game

One of my favorite games to play with several immune diseases is “what the fuck is wrong with me today?”
Every single day of my life.


I haven’t been able to drag my ass around for three days, and when I actually attempted to do something today, I immediately vomited after climbing the stairs. This might shock some people, but for me it’s somewhat in the realm of commonality. It’s so “normal” for me that I take a medication that people take for heartburn (strangely, it really does help with cutting back on the upchucks, even though I don’t really have an issue with heartburn or indigestion), and I have *another* “rescue” medication that I’m sure a lot of people are familiar with if you’ve pushed out a child or if you’ve been given some heavy pain meds at the hospital - Zofran. Normal patients get it a handful of times in their lives - I have a regular prescription for it, and the bottle is literally sitting about six inches away. I even have multiple forms of the pill (some melt under your tongue, some to swallow if you can tolerate it, etc.)

I know a good part of me not having energy is not eating properly, but eating is a constant struggle for
me. It may taste good, look good, but I can't eat it because of the nausea. Which is where the pills do
help, but they can't always overcome. We do our best.

Can Confirm.


I get plenty of sleep, but I put about an hour into doing not much, and I have to go back to bed. It’s not being lazy. It is I have absolutely no reserves. Nothing. My system just laughs off coffee - always has - and I refuse to take any sort of upper-type pill because I absolutely *loathe* feeling jittery. Coffee, tea, and the occasional soda is the sum-total of my caffeine intake.

I just took a shower, thinking that just the cleanliness and the fresh clothes would make me feel a little
more awake, but no. I DO feel better, but that pretty much sapped what I have left. My inclination here
is to put on makeup, because when I paint fun looks on my eyes I always feel better, but I’m not really
depressed, I just am past E, the light is on, and I am praying that I make it to the next filling station
because there’s no way that I could make that walk.

The day was not totally wasted - I should mention - I did do some computer work and got some ducks in
a row, but physically I was shot through. Thankfully the wonderful boyfriend told me that he would be
bringing home a pizza tonight, but it’s also one of his late nights, so It will be a bit before I see him.

This is a bit of a stream-of-consciousness blog, but just one to let you kinda know what I go through with
the absolute fatigue. I have no idea how someone with my condition with little ones could make it on these
completely depleted days, and I hope for their sakes that they have completely understanding help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Daughter's Gift

Nerves of Incapacitation

Colonosco-Nightmare