A Quick Update

Ah, my darlings. There is so much to write to fill in the gap between December 15th and now it’s not even funny. Since most of that time I was out of my mind in pain and/or on drugs (both happened, frequently) I didn’t feel that I could comprehensively write in my blog, but I was doing my best to keep notes as much as possible. I’m sure you’ll understand that there were days that not only was I not picking up a writing implement, but the only touching of my computer was going to be to let it know that yes, I am still watching Bob’s Burgers, and if you stop it now, Netflix, things might get ugly up in here.




This entry will be a short one, though. I mostly want to stop using a pseudonym for my hospital, since all of you are fully aware that I am being treated by the Mayo Clinic, and I’m proud to be part of their studies to (hopefully, theoretically) forward medical progress. I can’t entirely recall why I decided to use a pseudonym in the first place, other than I didn’t want to be talking shit about specific doctors and nurses, but ah well. I haven’t met very many shitty ones through this system, and since I don’t have a problem telling them that I think they’re shitty to their face, why would I care to say so to family/friends? (I’m thinking of one ER physician’s assistant, Dawn - not even good enough to be a doctor.)


The Mayo Clinic is right up my alley, too. It’s the number one hospital in America for Gastroenterology problems (ding!), it’s got an amazing historical legacy (yay!!), it’s had some crazy patients you would not believe (there’s a reason the David Geffen Auditorium exists in the Gonda Building on campus), and its contributions to science and medicine are mind-blowing. My favorite?? They helped create the g-suit for pilots!! Nerd. Boner. And now? I’m part of their legacy. I might not have my name on a little brick for people to google someday, but I’m living proof that you can take belly fat, grow your own stem-cells from it, and in a transplant, use those stem-cells to heal an area of your body that is damaged and not healing. (I’m not 100% yet, but it is, in fact, working!)



I still have a lot going on, though, so I've been trying to keep my thoughts on paper (gasp!) as I go along. It's not the best method, but it's something. I don't know if I'll use it or just go with what I'm feeling right now, which is pretty significant. Undecided. I just wanted to let you know I'm alive and that I'm dropping the Ketchup Klinik shit. Done.


xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Daughter's Gift

Nerves of Incapacitation

Colonosco-Nightmare